Virginia State Inspections at Casey’s Automotive
Each year, the State of Virginia requires car and truck owners to inspect their vehicles. Among the many services we provide at Casey’s Automotive in Sterling, VA, and Chantilly, VA, we also offer state inspections!
What does the state of Virginia inspect in your vehicle?
- Air pollution control system
- Auxiliary lamps (backup, cornering, driving, fog, spot, and warning)
- Brakes (service brakes, emergency, parking or holding brakes, trailer brakes)
- Floor pan
- Frame, engine mounts, coupling devices, and emergency chains
- Fuel system
- Glass and glazing
- Hatch latch system
- Hazard lights, stop lamp, and permissible light equipment.
- Headlamps, rear lamp, tail lamp, license plate lamp, and rear lamp combinations
- Horns and other warning devices
- Muffler, exhaust systems, and trailer venting
- Parking lamps, clearance lamps, side marker lamps, and reflectors
- Seat, seat belts
- Signal device
- Steering and suspension
- Tires, wheels, and rims
- Windshield wipers, defroster
Along with the 21 categories required for Virginia’s state inspection, Casey’s team also provides our customers with a courtesy inspection report. The digital report is sent directly to the customer and is complete with images and descriptions. Between Virginia’s requirements and Casey’s complimentary inspection report, every customer is fully aware of their vehicle’s health!